20 Amazing Facts about India1. India has more mobile phones than toilets.
2. Sex toys are illegal in India.
3. One tiger alone killed 430 people in Nepal and India in the 19th century.
4. In 2009, a doctor in India removed 172,155 stones from a patient's left kidney during a three-hour surgery.
5. The world's biggest family lives together in India: a man with 39 wives and 94 children.
6. There 2.5 million of Zero Rupee bank notes in India. They are "paid" in protest by angry citizens to government functionaries who solicit bribes.
7. London has more Indian restaurants than Mumbai or Delhi.
8. The Khasi people in Meghalaya, India, grow living bridges with tree roots.
9. India's Chennai airport ceiling has fallen down 66 times in the past few years.
10. India's "Go Air" airline only hires female flight attendants because they are lighter, so they save up to US$500,000 per year in fuel.
11. India has the world's lowest meat consumption per person.
12. 60% of the world's population live in countries where the death penalty is legal, such as China, India, the U.S. and Indonesia.
13. India has 454 living languages and 16 official ones.
14. 61% of school children in India have disease-causing germs on their hands.
15. 64% of World's Extreme Poor Live in Just 5 Countries: India, China, Nigeria, Bangladesh, and Congo.
16. Indians read more than 10 hours per week on average, the most for any country in the world.
17. India has more population than the entire Western Hemisphere of Earth.
18. The richest man in India, Mukesh Ambani, built a home valued at US$1 billion. It's a 27-story building with 3 helipads, a 6-floor car park, a staff of 600, a 4-storey hanging garden and a cinema.
19. An Indian woman who lost her leg after being thrown from a moving train became the first female amputee to climb Mount Everest in 2013.
20. There is a gypsy tribe in India that celebrates death as one of the happiest events in their lives, while treating births with great grief.
Source : www.factslides.com